CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Birthdays and Relays....

Well, Evan's party was a success!! :) Counting us, we had a total of 20 people, so a decent size crowd. We ordered too much pizza, but I'd rather have too much than not enough. (We put the extra in the freezer, so it didn't all go to waste!) And he received plenty of nice gifts... toys, clothes, and a pool! (just the right size for the boys to play in this summer...) Still can't believe my baby is a year old! Wow, where does the time go???

On another note, I am very thankful that in the past few weeks, we have been able to purchase a much needed new refrigerator and dryer. Our old fridge had been on the fritz for a while... And it used to take 2 to 3 cycles for a load of clothes to dry in our old dryer. Plus, tomorrow the Lowes delivery guys will be bringing us a new washing machine to match our new dryer... By now, they ought to be able to make it to our house from the Lowes just down the street with their eyes closed... ;)

The painting in the hallway bathroom is done, just a few touchups needed here and there. The new light fixture, hand towel ring, and towel bar are installed. We still need to get a new mirror and install the new faucet for the sink, as well as the hand-held shower thingy. But the bathroom is functional and we've put up the new shower curtain and rugs, etc... If I get a chance, I'll post a pic so y'all can see what a good job Robert did!

Last, but certainly not least, I am soooo looking forward to participating in the Relay for Life tomorrow night. This will be my first time. But thanks to Angie, I have an idea of what to expect and what I need to bring... Wish me luck! I am thrilled to be supporting such a worthy cause, and will be walking in memory of my paternal grandmother, Vernie Mae Moss, who died from breast cancer that spread to the rest of her body and in honor of my best friend, Heather, who had and beat cancer as a teenager, and is one of the strongest women I know!

Blessings to all of you for a wonderful weekend! :)

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Please do post a picture of the bathroom...I want to see it now! Once the towels, curtain, and rugs go in....oh how it looks so different!

Glad you had such a good party. Ours (triplets' first birthday) was rough. I put cameras on the tables, like at a wedding, but no one turned on the flash! So, I have four cameras of pictures that you can't see of the babies' first birthday!

Good luck in the relay! I should have walked with you but didn't know about it. My Grandmother and Mother-in-law are survivors. Keep me posted on the next one?